Due to technical difficulties and time constraints, here's the text version of the Tale of the Tape for tonight's game between the Boston Bruins and New Jersey Devils:
Jan. 29 - New Jersey 1 @ Boston 2
Apr. 4 - New Jersey @ Boston
Apr. 10 - Boston @ New Jersey
NEWS AND NOTES
* Wade Redden did not participate in morning skate but is en route, according to coach Claude Julien.
* New Jersey acquired Steve Sullivan from the Coyotes for a seventh-round pick yesterday. He was drafted 233rd overall by the Devils back in 1994.
Boston: 23-8-4, 50 points (2nd in
division, 4th in conference)
New Jersey: 15-12-9, 39 points (3rd in division, 8th in conference)
BOS / NJD
GOALS: Brad Marchand, Jaromir Jagr
(14) / David Clarkson (12)
ASSISTS: Patrice Bergeron, David Krejci (21) / Patrik Elias (20)
POINTS: Patrice Bergeron (31) / Patrik Elias (30)
PLUS-MINUS: Patrice Bergeron (+23) /
Patrik Elias (+8)
PIM: Milan Lucic (57) / David Clarkson (58)
SHOTS: Tyler Seguin (121) / David Clarkson (134)
TIME ON ICE: Zdeno Chara (25:00) / Ilya Kovalchuk (25:13)
WINS: Tuukka Rask (15) / Martin
GAA: Tuukka Rask (2.02) / Martin Brodeur (2.27)
SV%: Anton Khudobin (.929) / Martin Brodeur (.905)
ON A ROLL
Boston: N. Horton (3 pts last 2 GP), M. Lucic (3 pts last 2 GP)
New Jersey: S. Bernier (2 pts last 2 GP)
Boston: R. Peverley (0 pts last 3 GP), A. Ference (0 pts last 5 GP)
New Jersey: P. Elias (1 pt last 4 GP), D. Clarkson (0 pts last 4 GP)
Boston: Brad Marchand has just one goal in 11 games against the Devils; David Krejci has 15 points on the road and 15 on home ice.
New Jersey: Patrik Elias has 42 points in 55 career games against the B's; Stephen Gionta has two points on the road compared to nine back home.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
* Jaromir Jagr and Kaspars Daugavins will make their Bruins debuts tonight. Should he arrive in time, Wade Redden might as well.
* The Devils have struggled without Ilya Kovalchuk, who always torches the Bruins. They're 1-1-3 since he suffered a shoulder injury and have scored just 10 goals during that five-game stretch.
* With Patrice Bergeron sidelined by a concussion, Tyler Seguin will shift to center. He's played there sparingly, so the B's will definitely take a hit in the faceoff -- and just about every other -- department with No. 37 out of action.
Boston: Tuukka Rask (15-5-4, 2.02 GAA, .922 SV%)
New Jersey: TBD
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Seguin - Jagr
Pandolfo - Peverley - Daugavins
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Chara - Hamilton
Seidenber - Ference
Bartkowski - Boychuk
Zubrus - Zajac - Clarkson
Elias - Loktionov - Bernier
Ponikarovsky - Henrique - D'Agostini
Carter - Gionta - Kostopoulos
Salvador - Zidlicky
Greene - Fayne
Tallinder - Harrold