Tale of the Tape: Bruins vs. Devils
Due to technical difficulties and time constraints, here's the text version of the Tale of the Tape for tonight's game between the Boston Bruins and New Jersey Devils:
Jan. 29 - New Jersey 1 @ Boston 2
Apr. 4 - New Jersey @ Boston
Apr. 10 - Boston @ New Jersey
NEWS AND NOTES
* Wade Redden did not participate in morning skate but is en route, according to coach Claude Julien.
* New Jersey acquired Steve Sullivan from the Coyotes for a seventh-round pick yesterday. He was drafted 233rd overall by the Devils back in 1994.
Boston: 23-8-4, 50 points (2nd in
division, 4th in conference)
New Jersey: 15-12-9, 39 points (3rd in division, 8th in conference)
BOS / NJD
GOALS: Brad Marchand, Jaromir Jagr
(14) / David Clarkson (12)
ASSISTS: Patrice Bergeron, David Krejci (21) / Patrik Elias (20)
POINTS: Patrice Bergeron (31) / Patrik Elias (30)
PLUS-MINUS: Patrice Bergeron (+23) /
Patrik Elias (+8)
PIM: Milan Lucic (57) / David Clarkson (58)
SHOTS: Tyler Seguin (121) / David Clarkson (134)
TIME ON ICE: Zdeno Chara (25:00) / Ilya Kovalchuk (25:13)
WINS: Tuukka Rask (15) / Martin
GAA: Tuukka Rask (2.02) / Martin Brodeur (2.27)
SV%: Anton Khudobin (.929) / Martin Brodeur (.905)
ON A ROLL
Boston: N. Horton (3 pts last 2 GP), M. Lucic (3 pts last 2 GP)
New Jersey: S. Bernier (2 pts last 2 GP)
Boston: R. Peverley (0 pts last 3 GP), A. Ference (0 pts last 5 GP)
New Jersey: P. Elias (1 pt last 4 GP), D. Clarkson (0 pts last 4 GP)
Boston: Brad Marchand has just one goal in 11 games against the Devils; David Krejci has 15 points on the road and 15 on home ice.
New Jersey: Patrik Elias has 42 points in 55 career games against the B's; Stephen Gionta has two points on the road compared to nine back home.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
* Jaromir Jagr and Kaspars Daugavins will make their Bruins debuts tonight. Should he arrive in time, Wade Redden might as well.
* The Devils have struggled without Ilya Kovalchuk, who always torches the Bruins. They're 1-1-3 since he suffered a shoulder injury and have scored just 10 goals during that five-game stretch.
* With Patrice Bergeron sidelined by a concussion, Tyler Seguin will shift to center. He's played there sparingly, so the B's will definitely take a hit in the faceoff -- and just about every other -- department with No. 37 out of action.
Boston: Tuukka Rask (15-5-4, 2.02 GAA, .922 SV%)
New Jersey: TBD
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Seguin - Jagr
Pandolfo - Peverley - Daugavins
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Chara - Hamilton
Seidenber - Ference
Bartkowski - Boychuk
Zubrus - Zajac - Clarkson
Elias - Loktionov - Bernier
Ponikarovsky - Henrique - D'Agostini
Carter - Gionta - Kostopoulos
Salvador - Zidlicky
Greene - Fayne
Tallinder - Harrold